Monday, June 14, 2021

Charity Miles: Walking & Running Distance Tracker

Charity Miles is not a registered 501c3 or any other sort of nonprofit. They are an LLC, which is a business corporation. However they also never claimed to be a charity. They only provide a platform for people who ride a bike, run or walk to earn charitable donations from sponsors for each mile.


Similar to fitness trackers, their app uses your phone's GPS to log steps and miles.


The Charity Miles app enables you to earn money for a charity while you ride a bike, run, or walk. As I’ve already mentioned, the app uses the GPS on your phone to track your activity. It donates 10 cents a mile for biking and 25 cents a mile for walking and running to charity.


They really are a legitimate organization. They do donate money to a long list of charities. They do however have a maximum donation cap per year with the money they take in. Everything before they hit this cap goes to a long list of charities that you can choose from. Everything extra is theirs. I am disappointed that The American Red Cross is not on their list.


You do need to sign up, you’ll be prompted to enter your name, email address and create a password.


The way I look at it is they are going to pay some charity from large corporate sponsorships to a charity of my choice. I figure if I’m going to walk the miles or ride a bike, then why not pick a charity and let someone pay for what you were going to do anyway. It’s all for a good cause and my family and I will use this till something better comes along.


Download the app here Charity Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your visit count and drop me a line.